Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have additional questions, contact the Tutoring Center at (618) 453-3387.
- What services are provided by Center for Learning Support Services (CLSS)?
- Are the services free of charge?
- How do students request a Tutor?
- Who will be my Tutor?
- How long does it take for a student to get connected to a Tutor?
- Am I guaranteed a Tutor?
- Is individual or group Tutoring provided?
- Can students request a particular Tutor?
- Is there online Tutoring?
- Is Tutoring available during the summer?
- What course(s) are available for Tutoring?
- Is there Tutoring for graduate-level courses?
- How do students prepare for the Tutoring session?
- How long are the Tutoring sessions?
- How many hours of Tutoring can a student receive per course?
- What if a student has a learning disability, are they offered the same Tutoring opportunities?
- When a student is unable to keep a scheduled appointment, what should they do?
- When a student misses an appointment, what should they do?
- When a student no longer needs Tutoring, what should they do?
- How can I become a Tutor?