Now Hiring-Tutors/Academic Coaches
CLSS tutor applicants are required to be undergraduate students and have a 3.0 GPA or above. We accept work study eligible students.
Some of the benefits that students gain through our tutoring/academic coaching program include:
- Paid Position
- Tutors/Academic Coaches work between 10-20 hours a week
- Tutors/Academic Coaches identify times and days they are available; flexible schedule
- Tutors/Academic Coaches indicate the courses they are willing to work and assist with
- We provide trainings throughout each semester (3-4 trainings)
- Resume Builder, Volunteer Opportunities, and Leadership Opportunities
- Working with students in the Tutoring Center, Morris Library, Room 710
- We provide assistance Monday thru Thursday, 10-7pm and Friday, 10-4pm
- Tutors/Academic Coaches do not typically work through the weekend
If you are energetic, passionate about a particular subject or want to share study strategies and tips, please apply to become a tutor or academic coach through Handshake , typing "tutor" into keyword search to get to our application.
You can also write to CLSS@siu.edu, sending an unofficial transcript, a copy of your schedule, and a short cover letter.